Tuesday 10 February 2015

YiHi SX350 vs GE Naos Raptor


For some time now I've been looking for powerful electronic mod with support for the resistance about 0.5 Ohms. But I made the assumption that it must be powered by more than 1x18650 battery (in my opinion the equipment stronger than 20W should be driven by something stronger) and it was quite big limitation because most of mods on the market is powered by one 18650 battery. Finally I found two offers, both handmade by Polish modders:

 

* Wooden box with YiHi SX350 chip by Taxi (1x26650),
* Steel box with General Electric Naos Raptor by p33t-r (2x18650).

Both mods were made perfectly and I’m using them since 3-4 month. Appearance is a matter of taste so I will not elaborate but what chip is better? Is it possible to indicate better one? Let’s see.

1. SPECIFICATION
Exact specification is available in manufacturers sheet so I will describe parameters the most important from the point of view of vapers:


General Electric Naos Raptor:
* Resistance range: 0.3 - 1.5 ohms,
* Voltage regulation (only voltage): 3.4 - 6V (10A current limit).

YiHi SX350:
* Resistance range: 0.2 - 3 Ohms,
* Power regulation: 5 - 60W (after upgrade).

Of course the SX has some more advantages:
* built-in display
* protection against low resistance,
* protection against excessive discharge,
* built-in USB connector for charging,

But obviously its price is much higher than Raptor.

2. VOLTAGE SHAPE
Measurements were made with a load of 1 ohm, in my typical setup with power resistor, shown here.



As you can see the voltage of Raptor is more stable, but in general both shapes are OK.


3. PERFORMANCE
These measurements were made with a load of 0.5 ohm for power 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60 Watt.  In case of SX350 I set the required power and measured the real voltage on terminals of atomizer. For Raptor I set the voltage required to achieve a given power and again measured the real voltage on terminals of atomizer.





4. VERDICT?
As you can see the power delivered by both chips are slightly lower than we see on display - the Raptor is here a little better than the SX350, but actually WHO CARES?!? Both chips VAPE GREAT, within the entire range of settings!

1 comment:

  1. I want buy FACOLO 18650 batteries, Can you provide me?

    ReplyDelete