Saturday 14 February 2015

What 18350 batteries for MECH MODs?

There is a lot of batteries 18350 in the market. Cheaper, more expensive, originals, clones, etc... But which one is THE BEST for my mech mod??

During last 2 years I've been testing it in various ways. Finally I found that the best way (as close as possible to reality, actually worse then reality :-) ) is continuous load test. Preferably at quite low "coil" resistance, lets say 0.5 ohm. So, I constructed test setup described here and started to test... Below you can see the results for 18350 batts.
EQUIPMENT UNDER TEST



 The RESULTS


Having the voltage level during whole test and knowing the load resistance we can easily calculate the useful capacity of tested batteries. I emphasize the useful word because it is capacity calculated exactly for the conditions described in the test: for battery discharging from 4.2V to 3.3V at 0.5 Ohm load. In a different measurement methodology the total capacity will differ from this, BUT in my opinion presented methodology is the best from point of view the users of mech mods!

1 comment:

  1. Here I am finding an amazing blog again, and chuckling I liked your description. Thanks so much for sharing this blog with us! Camcorder Batteries

    ReplyDelete