Saturday 14 February 2015

What 26650 batteries for MECH MODs?

There is a lot of 26650 batteries in the market. Cheaper, more expensive, originals, clones, etc... But which one is THE BEST for my mech mod??

During last 2 years I've been testing it in various ways. Finally I found that the best way (as close as possible to reality, actually worse then reality :-) ) is continuous load test. Preferably at quite low "coil" resistance, lets say 0.5 ohm. So, I constructed test setup described here and started to test...

13-06-2015 UPDATE We have a new leader: the green Efest 4200 mAh:
 
 
Till 23 minute it has a little bigger voltage drop than KP4200, but then lasts longer.

Below you can see all the results:
EQUIPMENT UNDER TEST



The RESULTS



Having the voltage level during whole test and knowing the load resistance we can easily calculate the useful capacity of tested batteries. I emphasize the useful word because it is capacity calculated exactly for the conditions described in the test: for battery discharging from 4.2V to 3.3V at 0.5 Ohm load. In a different measurement methodology the total capacity will differ from this, BUT in my opinion presented methodology is the best from point of view the users of mech mods!


8 comments:

  1. Thanks for testing these. The AWT does not do well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would you say that the Efest purple performs better than the Mneke when cloud chasing is made around 0.07 - 0.15 Ohm ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hard to say for 100% sure because the test was carried out at 0.5 ohm but in my opinion YES, at 0.1 ohm the purple Efest also should be better than MNKE. The MNKE has much higher internal resistance (if we look at the voltage drop at the beginning) so at 0.1 ohm a HUGE amount of energy will be wasted on battery (for heating).

      Delete
    2. Ok, thanx. I am currently running a efest purple 26650 at 0.07 ohm 18g macro coil and get very good results but i want the best lf the rest. I tried the keep power and that sucked imo.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah I have the purple efest a d they perform pretty well. I also have some MXJOs the 3500 mah ones. Anyone else use this battery? I am not a huge fan. The drop on the feels really hard aroung the 3.9v range

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah I have the purple efest a d they perform pretty well. I also have some MXJOs the 3500 mah ones. Anyone else use this battery? I am not a huge fan. The drop on the feels really hard aroung the 3.9v range

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At this moment there are not to popular in Europe (yet) so I didn't test their.

      Delete